Thursday, October 11, 2012

Coasting to Mid-Terms while Jogging up the Hill

Back to the old hay grind Tuesday morning after the relaxing and much needed three day weekend. I find myself hitting the snooze on my alarm more frequently this week. That's alright this week though, as I really don't have any lesson planning to do. Sometimes I would wake up early to finish a little bit of my notes for the day or something like that. My routine this week has been wake up to the alarm at 5:40am, lay around for 10-15 more minutes, stretch, get ready, and then check my emails in the morning before heading out the door at 6:45am to find a ride. Got a ride on the little Tafuna Bus Tuesday and Wednesday morning and then a ride with a brother and sister from Leone to the intersection on Thursday.

Rather laid back week in my classroom. Finished up some notes on the new information with my students on Tuesday,  and then gave them some work time Wednesday and Thursday to do any catching up or make-up work they needed to before we begin reviewing and studying for mid-terms. Most of my classes are handling the work time well. 

I've been fighting some sinus pressure headaches this week, thanks to the shift in the weather season. Something I'm used to, but it's uncomfortable at times. I felt kind of weird and out of it on Tuesday. Did some push-ups in my classroom during prep and lunch on Tuesday trying to get my blood flowing. I also miss my chiropractor. Had a feeling it would catch up with me eventually being away from my check-ups and adjustments. I've been on top of doing the stretches he taught me, which were helping me make it through until recently. I'll work this kink out of my neck one of these days. Another thing I'm used to and just deal with it.

No Zumba class this week as many of the other participants are busy with their children getting ready for White Sunday, which is a tradition here. I am looking forward to being there on Sunday for it to see the children sing and then partake in the lunch and fellowship afterward. Anyways, so no Zumba, but I've still exercised every day. Remember how I jogged up the hill Monday after my workout and abs in my room, well I've done the same thing each day this week. Feeling pretty good about it. Wednesday was a little rough making it all the way to the top, but I'm going to stick with it. Not sure how, but I need to try some photos or video so you can get an idea of this hill I've been jogging up and down lately.

I printed off all my mid-terms on Wednesday, getting ahead and letting myself coast right into next week. Nice break for me and my students before we pick it back up after the exams, and I plan to start implementing or trying out some new tactics and ways of covering the material. Developing as a teacher.

I made a few photo collages on Wednesday, and here they are for your viewing. I like to put photos together every now and then. Hard to choose which ones to use though, as I take so many. haha



By the way, I enjoy the contact I am able to have with home even though I'm in another part of the world. I love letters, cards, emails, video chats, and little phone conversations. The Internet allows me to keep in touch with several family members and my best friends from college. Been here almost 3 full months, so more than 25% of the way through my service here. Wow, that is so weird to think about. Often people ask what my plans are for afterward, and my answer is I don't really know yet. I mean come on, if you know my story you know that I made my decision to come here for a year in a matter of 3 days. Yep, 3 days. You never know where life is going to take you.

"Life's an adventure."

"Live life with no regrets."

Be confident with who you are and where you are. I know I am where I am supposed to be, that's the cool thing about life. :-) Alright off my philosophical soap box for now. Just something that's always in the back of my mind.

Manuia le aso.

1 comment:

  1. 25% done already......PLEASE come home when you are done :) We know you have to come home for Seth's Wedding......NOT that I am prejuidce or anything :) But COME HOME :) OK OK I'll stop......I love you Jess. Hope your sinus feel better and I am contemplating going to a Chiropractor.......

    ReplyDelete