Sunday, February 24, 2013

A Little Work and A Lot of Bumming

After that long and chaotic post last time around, this one is going to be rather short and sweet. I quite honestly was a bum most of the weekend, so not much to talk about.

Friday morning Hannah and sat at McDonald's for a while again before heading to school. Might officially be another one of our things. I enjoy a small coffee and she a small Coke. We usually have everything ready to go for Friday, and we enjoy some early morning fun chat before hitting work for the day.

Friday I brought some videos I found online from some educational shows I used to watch with my brother. For my juniors, I found an episode of The Magic School Bus. That's right! It was awesome. We learned about the solar system, and most of my students were pretty attentive the whole time. For my seniors, I had a few episodes of Bill Nye the Science Guy. This gave all my students some perspective on how shows designed for younger students can still be beneficial for us in high school while we learn a bit more about how things work in the world - including how we learn.

I babysat for Pastor Scot and Miss Katie Friday night as they attended the church's couples dinner. They took the newborn baby - Andrew Paul, who was born two Wednesdays ago. I stayed at their home with Jeffrey and Jenna. We had a nice time together again. They were good almost the entire time again, which was surprising. It was cute to watch them watch the baby before he left with the parents. We ate some leftover pizza, drew some pictures, watched some Veggie Tales, and then the last 50 minutes I let them play with my hair. They had so much fun making it softer by simply running their fingers through it. They kept at it for 50 minutes, seriously. I couldn't believe it kept the two of them occupied for that long. They were still at it when mom and dad walked in the door.

Saturday morning I walked 30 minutes to the community college, where a Zumbathon for the ROTC was taking place. I walked back home, too, which was uphill coming back. haha Was nice to walk. Then, Hannah and I caught a ride to Sualua's for our Saturday breakfast. Two iced teas, my short stack of pancakes, Hannah's fried potatoes, two sides of fruit, and good conversation for an hour or so. A nice regular thing of ours.

Basically laid around the rest of the day minus getting my Insanity workout in for the day. We caught up on The Big Bang Theory, and I tried catching up on How I Met Your Mother - one episode behind. I also decided to watch two Batman movies - The Dark Knight and The Dark Knight Rises. This was my first time watching the second one. My brother is a big fan of these movies. My dad is also a Batman fan.

Speaking of Dad... I called him first thing when I woke up Sunday morning for a surprise phone call to wish him a Happy Birthday. Headed to church, and then spent the rest of my weekend laying around again doing some reading, watching some movies, and being a bum. My movie choices on Friday included Raise Your Voice and Coraline. I finished reading a book called The Shack, which Granny B had sent me for Christmas. It was a nice read and had me thinking about some things. It is a fiction book, but offers some cool theological insight. I also did a little coloring in a book Grandpa and Grandma Wingert had sent for Christmas. Thank you for those.

That's my short post about a little work and a lot of bumming. Have a great week!

1 comment:

  1. One can never go wrong with a little McDonalds :) I am glad you got to tell your Dad happy birthday. I felt like such an idiot. He called me before the Daytona 500 to tell me Clint was going to be on Pre-race and I completely forgot to wish him a happy birthday so I called hi back :). Big Bang theory is starting to grow on me :)

    ReplyDelete