Sunday, November 18, 2012

Rides, Football, and Surprises

This is a handmade basket that some of the produce stands send things home with you in. The day I bought a pineapple and some bananas, I came home with this one. Woven with coconut tree fronds.


Friday went by really quickly. All of the classes I taught that day behaved pretty well, and then we dropped our last class of the day for a school assembly. This included a presentation by the Class of 2002, who was visiting for their 20 year reunion, and encouragement for the Championship football game.

Hannah and I started walking home and then it begins to downpour only a few minutes from the bus stop. We duck under an overhang of a little store, and then ended up getting a ride home with a guy from there who lived out our way. Some timing, I tell you what.

Friday morning, as I was waiting for a bus to take to the game, I had my hitchhiker thumb out (as it was also sprinkling at the time). Ended up getting a ride with two nice guys heading into town for political campaigns. The driver was actually a cousin to my principal. He got confused when we entered Tafuna and thought I was going to Vo Tech for some reason. haha. He was funny. "What the heck am I thinking? Guess it's just the day to give you a tour."  Ended up having him drop me off at McDonald's where I ran into some teachers, who gave me the little ride to the stadium from there and bought me breakfast. Everyone can be so nice.

This was the first game I had been to where the National Anthem was sung beforehand, which was cool. Felt more like games I'm used to attending.

Here's some of the Class of 2002 at the football game. It was raining the whole time, so I was stuck in the stands to protect my camera.

Tafuna won 34-6, so here's part of the team with their trophy.

Here's some of the happy boys.

Then, I got a ride with another teacher to one of the shopping centers, where I met up with Hannah to grab a snack quick before heading to the movie theater. We hadn't checked out the theater yet, and Breaking Dawn Part 2 was in - yep, the Twilight movie. It was great! It was also nice to sit in an air conditioned theater and just relax for a couple of hours.

Got a package in the mail from home, which included some surprise books cause my mommy knows me so well, a few clothing items, and this little surprise from my dad - a teddy bear figurine. A christmas one, to be exact. Spent the rest of my Saturday with my nose in a book and relaxing. Between church services on Sunday I did the same thing. A wise woman once told me "You can't be without a good book." :-)

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute what your Dad sent you! How sweet! LOVED talking to you last night. You look so wonderful, but I miss the heck out of ya :) That is so neat that those kids won their Championship game. They look pretty happy. Love you!

    ReplyDelete